The Federal Transit Administration has required that each state-funded transportation agency have a maintenance plan. A maintenance plan is a living document that outlines the agency’s current and specific maintenance policies and practices. No two agencies should have the same maintenance plan as each agency handles their maintenance differently. Once a maintenance plan is completed, it will need to be updated as the vehicle fleet, job duties and procedures change.
There are 4 types of Maintenance Plan Templates:
- In-house Maintenance Plan Template – for agencies who perform most or all maintenance activities in-house.
- Combination Maintenance Plan Template – for agencies who perform preventative maintenance inspections in-house, but outsource some repairs.
- Outsource Maintenance Plan Template – used for agencies that outsource all maintenance activities.
- Transportation Operating Procedure Template (TOP) – used for 5310 only agencies.
- The Mileage Template – preventative maintenance inspections that are scheduled based on mileage intervals.
- The Time Template – preventative maintenance inspections that are scheduled based on time intervals.
If you have any questions about your maintenance plan, please do not hesitate to contact our office for guidance and assistance.