Through the PrMPT program quarterly training is provided statewide for technicians from private garages, dealerships, local government and in-house shops.
Technician training is provided in several manners. The program coordinates technical training through independent instructors. This training ranges from one to four days in length. In some cases, computer-based training is provided by instructors at individual agencies. As web-based training opportunities become more common, this program will keep agencies appraised of available on-line training.
Component training is also coordinated by the program. This training is provided by various vendors whose equipment is used on Florida paratransit buses.
Training areas include:
- Wheelchair Lifts – maintenance, troubleshooting and repair;
- Wheelchair Securement systems – preventive maintenance, inspection;
- Air Conditioning systems – maintenance, troubleshooting and repair;
- Multiplex Electrical systems (Merlin), gateways, interlocks – overview and diagnostics;
- Hybrid-Drive bus systems – operation and maintenance
Specialized training is provided when needed, to support new equipment and technologies. The FDOT will identify areas where specific training is needed.
FDOT and The Marketing Institute, work as project partners with individual agencies to resolve existing technical problems and recognize potential vehicle or equipment issues.
ALL TRAINING AND TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE IS PROVIDED AT NO COST!